Quick Start to Rigging in Maya: Volume 4.

Okay, this tutorial's exercise files have mental ray which were discontinued by their manufacturer a year ago. The computers at school keep wigging out and crashing so I had to revert to doing this at home on my student version of Maya.  Went over rigging lower jaw, mouth bones eye bones then setting up a deform lattice for the eyebrows based on selected mesh faces.
And then tied that massive cluster f...ormation of clusters to the upper jaw of body less singer head.
"I's am thaaah zombie!"

And then made some more channels and weird wordy stuff giving him some new 1950's 3D glasses:
(I REALLY do NOT like curves for controllers.) Anyway at this point my computer decided to join the school computer and started boycotting Mental Nodes and I could no longer edit or see the channels.

Okay, so I appear to have found a work around, Mental Ray, was able to get the exercise files (not the one I had worked on) to open up sort of in Maya 2017 and older version one one of the school computers (first four didn't work) and picked up where I left off on my files. Rigged the tongue, made tongue and hair controls and then went on to duplicate the mesh and make expressions via blend shapes like we did for the imp's smile in Volume 2.


Finished, here's hoping our own facial animation won't be near as buggy and mental ly defective (since we're building from scratch it's possible):

Just to prove that is now animatable:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Modeling Techniques Tutorial